Monday, June 23, 2008

Kindergarten Graduate!

Today my son Skyler graduated from Kindergarten.I attended the event along with all the other parents.The children entered the cafeteria and lined up on the steps of the stage. They sang a couple of songs then were seated on the floor.
The teacher Miss Pollack said some kind words to the parents about their involvement with our children and how important it was to continue to read to and with our children.
I can't tell you how proud I am of my son.I even got a little choked up when he was the first one to be called to receive his"diploma".Just imagine what I'm gonna be like when he graduates high school.
My wife Robin was there with her 5th grade class.(She teaches at the same school)
She was very proud also and after the ceremony she had to take her class back to her classroom for end of the year festivities.
Skyler and I had a snack and some juice then I took him to Robin's class so he could finish out the day.
Driving back to work it dawned on me that I was the proud father of a "First Grader".
Robin and Skyler don't get much of a summer break they start their new school year on July 7th.
(Year round school)
They both switched to Blue track so we could attend next years Gatewood Family Reunion.
I myself can't wait because that would mean I would be the proud father of a Second grader and a Kindergartener.(Shae hits the school scene next year LOOK OUT!! Kindergarten will never be the same)

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Great job Skyler. And we'll be proud of David, too for only tearing up and not sobbing in front of everyone. It's tough to get through sometimes.

Shae will definitly raise the bar for the Kindergarten class when she starts.

Sue said...

Congratulations, Skyler.
Shae is only going to kindergarten? I thought she was ready for high school or at least jr hi. :)

Janell said...

Congratulations Skylar! and good lick to Shae's teachers. They really don't know what they're in for, do they?


Goofing off at CWS

A day at the Farm

A day at the Farm
Giddy-up!!

Gettig wet at the CWS